Saturday, February 5, 2011

More Snow

We received about 3"-4" inches of snow overnight, so that really sealed the deal--no flying today! But, in between shoveling our driveway and our neighbor's driveway with my 11 year old son Teddy, I studied some more for the written. I took the study test for Chapter 4 of the Gleim materials and it was tough. I really need to memorize the VFR weather minimums in different categories, no not categories, I believe the correct term is CLASSES of airpspace. But, I still managed a 71% which is still passing. My goal is to somehow get 100% on this test. There are 742 questions...and I think I can know them all. My grandfather recommended that I buy a Private Pilot's Handbook (see photo). I ordered a used one, they are no longer in print. I am not as sure as he is that this is the "key" to passing the written! LOL But, I believe, that when he took the written in 1963, that is was indeed quite useful!! But, nonetheless, as a person who loves history, the history of aircraft and the artistic styles of the 1960's, it was worth the few bucks I spent on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment